Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hunter turns FOUR!!





On Tyler's birthday back in October, we were sitting at the breakfast table. I had the following conversation with Hunter:

Me: Hunter, guess what?
Hunter: What?
Me: Today is Daddy's birthday!
Hunter: (With a big smile and his cute little lisp) My birthday is December 8th!

It hit me! That ever annoying knot that sometimes hits when something unpleasant is happening or about to happen. You know what I'm talking about, right? But there it was, in all it's glory, reminding me that my BABY was FOUR!! FOUOOOOOOUUUUUURRRRR!!!! QUATRO!! I didn't know whether to jump for joy or cry. It seems that I've always had babies, and being who I am, have always looked forward to the day when those said babies are no longer demanding every second of my day. But here I was with that strong realization that those days are over. How many more days do I have of a cute little boy climbing in my lap and saying, "Let's cuddle," or "Mommy, I want to hold you." It's enough to break ones heart. I know!!

Well, Ty's birthday came and went, and time did NOT stop. Hunter did turn four. FOUR!! (I'm still in a bit of shock. We are not big organizers in our home, so birthdays usually are planned the day of . . . and this one was no different. But what a celebration it was. We love Hunter. :) We love that every morning he comes into our room and says, "The sun is out. It time to wake up!" Does it really get any cuter than that??? No. I didn't think so. We love he loves all things BOY! We love the noises he makes as he turns random household objects into airplanes, cars, and trucks. We love that he will entertain himself for hours playing with legos. We love everything aout him. I could seriously go on and on . . . and on. Instead, I'm going to quickly post this and give him a big fat kiss!

3 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

So are you feeling baby hungry? hee hee! Justin loves his shooter!n

easleyfamily said...

He is such a very cute boy! I love his little 4 year old self!!!

Jocee said...

I'm so glad you FINALLY decided to update your blog! I can't believe your baby is 4! My oldest is 4... that makes you old! I'm glad he had such a great day!