Well, I've "misplaced" my camera. For those of you that really know me, this is not shocking news . . . soooooo. You get to read for moment (as long as the ADD doesn't kick in and I decide to move on to something else) instead of looking at pictures of my adorable family. :)
We had a busy summer. I wish I could remember exactly what we did, but let me just tell you . . . I was very, VERY happy to see it come to an end. If you've ever watched a marathon, you'll know what I'm talking about. You will be watching the race at the finish line and you will see an occasional runner just drop 20 feet from the finish. They just can't go on. Something mental happens. They see the cheering crowd (though I did NOT have a cheer squad), they see the banners, hear the screaming, smell the scent of VICTORY . . . and then they drop. There are always people finishing along side them, willing to help them to their goal . . . but it's just how I felt. I was there . . . I felt the long days of 5 kids ALL DAY EVERY DAY . . . asking, wanting, needing, pleading, begging, whining . . . less then a week left of summer, and I collapsed at the finish line. I was so ready for school to start that I had more then one melt down. I love my kids, but I am NOT one of those moms that cries when the first day of school arrives. THEY NEED IT AND I NEED IT. So . . . while I don't remember all of the details of the summer, I know it must have been great fun because by the end, I was E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D!!! I know that we went camping for a week in the Uintah's for our family reunion . . . that is ALWAYS a highlight!! I love it more then I can even express in writing!! I spent another few weeks preparing for girls camp (I was camp director) and then 4 days living up AF canyon with 25 cute girls. :) (Including 2 of MINE) :) I know I talked to Amy (sister) about spending one day a week with her and letting our kids play, and I think we were pretty successful with that. We rock that way. :) But . . . really, it was just a busy summer.
Once school started, I found myself quite bored. I'd do my typical morning routine . . . and then afternoons were L-A-Z-Y!! So, while Hunter is in pre-school (Tuesday-Friday) I volunteer at the school. I love it. I thought that I would despise the commitment, but I'm finding that it motivates me to get my stuff done in the morning and gives me something productive to do each afternoon. I feel useful . . . and surprisingly happy. I've had "service" on my mind a lot lately, and I feel that I don't do enough. If I do nothing else each day, I know that I've helped someone else. :) Plus . . I'm in the school . . . I didn't become a teacher so I could sit at home. Now, I get to use it. I also feel like I'm keeping up my "skills". They are understaffed and can't afford aids. When I was in school getting my degree I couldn't volunteer for classes . . . now, I guess, I'm just making up for that. Anyway . . . that's that.
Tyler is still working up in SL. Loves his job and hopes never to be moved from this position. I laugh and call him my "ambitious" husband. It all comes down to him not wanting to wear a white shirt and tie to work. Can't say I blame him. :) He is the best husband ever . . . :) I am truly blessed. He is my cheering squad and I couldn't imagine a better companion for me. Example: last week I was scrubbing my bathroom floor. Our house was built in 76 and we've done several updates, but we have yet to get to the bathroom. Well, I was scrubbing, and feeling a bit annoyed that no matter how hard I scrubbed, that floor was never going to look completely clean. I expressed this minor annoyance . . . and what do you suppose happened??? The man retiled/remodeled my bathroom. He just wants to make me happy . . . and I feel like I need to be more that way for him. I hope I make him happy . . . but I certainly can't retile anything for him. :) Anyway . . . good egg, that boy of mine. :)
Emily and Jenny are working hard to get straight A's this year . . . and so far, so good. I'm very proud of them and the efforts they are making to accomplish this goal. :) Jared is in football right now and loves it!! He looks so dang cute in his football uniform and eat's more than our whole family combined. It's truly amazing. :) Kate started 1st grade and loves every minute of it. :) She needs to be busy and being in school all day has done wonders for her. :) Hunter is as sweet as ever. He's my little buddy every morning and then we go to school together. He's my mellow sweet boy. :)
Well, can you tell I got tired of writing once I got to the kids?? haha . . .my ADD is alive and well. Have a great day! :)
Nic
3 comments:
Yay! I love Sperry updates...even though I get them every morning :)
So glad you are alive and well!
Aww, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was glad school started and I only have 2!
It was so cute, we were at Grandpa Schmutz's visiting and Grandpa asked Gabby how school was going. She said "i'm trying to get good grades so i can get a scholarship to Harvard" as she says this she rests her forehead in her hand and finishes with "It's going to take like two years to be a Doctor and that is FOREVER!" it was sooo funny!
I Can't believe how big all your kids are getting! I love all the pics and Stories. (hope you find your camera soon) xoxo
Give loves to everyone.
Post a Comment