Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oregon

Newport, Oregon

Ty had a work conference up in Oregon . . . and I got to join him! :) It was such a blast. I don't think I have ever seen waves as huge as the waves at Newport in Oregon. They were enormous, and I found myself feeling a little . . . well, A LOT!! nervous. I did get teased sufficiently about my fear of tsunami's and earthquakes . . . but I'm not quite ready to meet my maker . . . and those waves were HUGE!! I tried to take some pictures but as everyone knows, pictures just don't do it justice. So very beautiful. It was so great to get to spend the week with Ty. It was so peaceful, quiet, and relaxing. LOVED IT!




Ty standing at an overlook near the light house. It was soooooo cold!

Ty took about 45 pictures very similar to this one. I think he was trying to capture me falling. :)

BIG WAVES!! Ty looked like he was going to get eaten up by them.

TheYaquina Head Lighthouse. If you notice my hair, it's very obvious that the wind is blowing . . . and HARD! It was so cold. :) Extremely beautiful . . . watching the angry sea. But cold!

Escaping the wind at the conservatory by the Yaquina Lighthouse.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

HAHA Did you survive the Tsunami? Were you there for it? I was in Hawaii...on a CRUISE SHIP!!! Slept through the whole thing.

Lesa said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm way jealous!