Friday, February 19, 2010

Isn't it about "TIME/"!!


Beautiful = Emily
Emily = Teenager
Teenager = Crazy mom
Crazy mom = lots and lots of drooling. :)

I love this girl! Sometimes I need these little reminders to remember why I love her so stinking much. Wednesday was a VERY busy day for me. I watched my niece, went to lunch with some friends, did my visiting teaching, picked up the house, got kids off to school, etc . . . there are those days where I feel like I go non-stop. Wednesday was one of those days. Emily wasn't feeling well that morning so I let her stay home for the morning then she went to her afternoon classes. Before she left she asked me if I would pick her up from school because she needed to stay after and catch up on some Math. I let her take my cell phone with her so that she could call me when she was ready. She called at about 3:50pm and asked if I could also give Robbie and Tati a ride home. (2 of her friends.) I said yes, but that I needed to go visit one more sister. I visited this sister for a total of 7 minutes and explained that I had to go pick Em up. I booked it down to the school but did not see the kids outside. So, I went into the school and looked around for a bit. Remember, I don't have a cell phone. Emily has it. The office is closed so I see a janitor who kindly lets me borrow his phone to text her. I run outside to wait for her . . . and I wait. I wait and I wait and I wait. After about 10 minutes Tyler pulls up and explains that Emily didn't want to wait the extra 15 minutes so she just got a ride home from another parent. She figured that I'd "figure it out eventually." Of course, I was boiling up inside and I had the ride home to just get angrier and angrier. Unfortunately, when I arrived home, I blew a gasket. It wasn't pretty. My time is just so valuable . . . and when someone messes with that ESPECIALLY when I'm going outof my way to help that someone . . . I get mad.

So, now the guilt part comes in and I realize . . . what's more important than my time?? MY KIDS!! DING DING DING DING DING!! (Those are the "Oh-DUH bells ringing in my head.) Now I'm not saying that there isn't a lesson to be learned about being considerate of others and their time . . . but I am saying I could be less selfish with my time and maybe keep my temper in check when that time is messed with. I love my kids . . . more than time . . . and I know that I need to spend more time proving that to them.

Anyway . . . there you have it. The ramblings of a crazy mom.

TOP 5 REASONS THAT EMILY ROCKS!!

She's such a big help to us . . . babysitting when we need a date, helping with housework, Sunday desserts, and on and on. :)

She loves her family. . . . She loves her cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, and parents. She looks forward to a week in the Uintah's every year because it's a week straight with her best friends. :) (Her family)!

She is open and honest . . . She keeps her parents informed about what is going on in her life . . . even when it isn't always easy . . . . and even when said parents don't always handle it the best. :)

She's a lot of fun to be with . . . Emily never lacks for things to do. She always has somebody that wants to do something with her . . . including us . . . She makes us laugh !!

She is OURS!! I love that about her. I can't imagine life without Emily. She's the best.


6 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

You are an awesome mom and will be an expert at raising teens. I think I will just send you mine when they reach that age since you will know how to deal with them!

stalker sarah said...

you crack me up! i love your posts! now you've been added to my blog list so i can stalk you all i want!!! :):)

easleyfamily said...

She is beautiful, I do love her and it really IS about time :)

Lesa said...

I love Emily too. It is so great when your family are your best friends ... and I think of all my cousins as my best friends.

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

You're a fabulous mom! Don't you ever think otherwise!!!

Linda said...

She is a darling girl! Just like her mom!