Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kidney Stones and Coke!

Have any of you ever actually wished for death? I mean, really wished for it as in if there was a gun within reach you would have actually used it wishing??I never have . . . until last week. To make a long story short . . . it's been a long summer . . . not feeling completely well . . . .went to the doctor . . . found an enormo kidney stone . . . . went in last Tue. to have it blasted . . . didn't work!!! ARRRG!! So, I was in school today . . . yes . . . through all of this life is continuing to move forward with or without me, so while in school today a gal from my class mentioned that she had kidney stones and that she had a few home remedies. Coca Cola being one of them. So, what the heck, right? I don't normally drink coke because it is gross and I hate it, but i tried it anyway because I am beyond DESPERATE. The news today was after spending the night in the ER on Sunday night they found that one of the "blasts" was still BIG and was stuck! I did get this news while in the ER, but I was on morphine and "who the heck cares??" when your on morphine. Love the stuff. I think it's replaced my laughing gas addiction, but that's not important right now. What is important is that they told me today that on Tuesday I was going to have to go back under and get another procedure done to help the bad boy along. Keep in mind .. . . I am NOT on morphine at this point in time, or any other pain killer because I am in mortal fear of becoming addicted, so this news is less than inviting. I literally wanted to cry. I've been in pain for about a week and 1/2 now and am feeling less than enthusiastic about the whole situation. I mean, SERIOUSLY!! The first procedure didn't work so I'm having little confidence in my doctor. SO . . . anyway, the gal from school told me about the coke thing. I went to my friend, Karen, who I know is always good for a coke, among other things. (I love her. She's the best neighbor in the world.) I sit in her living room , complaining about kidney stones, and drink a diet coke. An hour and a half later . . . Wa la!! I am the proud mother of a very large kidney stone . . . . and the great news??? I don't have to raise it!!

8 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad you finally passed it, or birthed it. I'm going to need to remember that one. I hope I never need it, but just in case..

Cap said...

im so sorry.. that hurt to just read that. :)

easleyfamily said...

Now the mother of six...you must be so happy :)

Jamie Lamb said...

You have the best stories! Sorry to hear about all the pain you went through. Something I hope I never have to go through. Thank heaven for Coke!

My Full Time Everyday Life said...

Can we name it Stony?

easleyfamily said...

Every time I pull up your blog and see that you have yet to update I see "Kindey stones and CAKE" and it makes me want cake...yum

g-ma hatch said...

Don't we LOVE LOVE LOVE drugs!!!!

Linda said...

I knew coke was good for something!