Monday, May 19, 2008

GRATITUDE!

So, today I was laying in bed for most of the day feeling sorry for myself. I had a migraine headache, and because they are occurring more and more frequently, they are getting more and more annoying! I feel completely disabled on these days. I can't move, I can't think, I can't look, and so on. It's so very frustrating. So, on these very annoying days, I feel like an extremely useless human being. I accomplish very little, and things seem to fall apart all around me. At around 4pm I took my 5th pill of the day . . hoping that this would be the one that finally pushed my headache over the brim into tolerable. It was!! The headache wasn't completely gone, but I felt like I could face the day. (It was around 5pm by this time!) Ty was out working in the yard, and I decided to put on my big girl panties . . . and join in for an evening of yard work. I mowed the lawn on Friday to surprise Ty, since this is normally his husbandly duty. But tonight I decided that it might be a good idea to do this chore more than once a week to avoid the irritating task of emptying the bag 4 million times. (Yes . . . I hate emptying the bag. I don't know why. I just do.) So, I began mowing the lawn and began thinking about this enormous yard and the hours we have spent weeding, mowing, planting, irrigating, and so on. Then, I remembered watching "Idol Gives Back" several weeks ago. This is where this post gets extremely dorky. I was watching these little African children and it dawned on me that we are so, so blessed. We have so much to be grateful for. Sometimes we (by we, I mean I!) tend to focus on what we DON 'T have, or what we WANT! This is a very bad habit of mine and one that I really want to improve. So, back to the beginning. I was feeling sorry for myself because of my migraine . . . but I have drugs. I was mentally feeling frustrated because of the large amount of yard work that is going to consume so much of our summer . . . but I have a yard. And a beautiful yard, at that. So . . . I've decided to start a gratitude blog. This is more for me than anything, so don't feel obligated to go to it, or read it, or anything of the sort. Just know that it's there if you ever want to know what I'm grateful for. This first one will be on this page. (See below pictures) But I hope to blog everyday and just see what comes out. Anyway . . . I get the "to make a long story longer" syndrome from my good old dad . . . so I will end now.

Eventually, you can check out www.nicsgratitudeblog.blogspot.com

So . . . today I am grateful for . . . .

An amazing view that I'm certain of which I will NEVER tire .


Very cute kids that "help" while we are working.


1 comment:

The Pecks said...

Hey Nicole,
One thing that I learned living in Vienna is that you don't need much to survive. I'm grateful for all I have but when it comes to material things....I have too much. When I get home I'm going through the house and getting rid of so much STUFF. We've lived on very little here and do just fine. And let me tell you.....I am so grateful to be coming home!!!!