


Emily had her first day of Junior High on Friday. You know those bus pictures you take of your kids as they are getting on and off the school bus??? Well, I was informed that that type of behavior from a parent is extremely embarrassing and I was forbidden to do it. I did the next best thing by waiting for the bus to leave and taking pictures of her coming home. Apparently that's embarrassing, as well. Who knew???? So, I'm learning all sorts of things being the parent of a teenager. :) Here are a few of the main things:
1. Hot Pink Plaid boots are "IN"
2. You do not meet your child at the bus stop with a camera because it's humiliating
3. You are cool if you take your kids shopping and let them get whatever they want
4. If you don't like their boots it translates into, "You hate everything I wear."
I imagine the list of things I learn in the next 20 years or so will grow until I am an absolute genious! I can't wait to be that smart and know all the workings of the teenage mind. I'll be able to rule the world when I figure it out. Mua ha ha ha. You all better watch out! When I'm ruling the world . . . . chocolate will be required at every meal, and every person thinner than I will be force fed Chili's chocolate molten cake until they weigh more. :)
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the pictures and advice! I love it! It sounds pretty nice if you would rule the world. Chocolate is a must! :) I am so thankful you have this blog! It is so fun to see these moments! I can't believe Katelyn will start Kindergarten next year! That is so crazy....
I can't believe Emily is in Jr. High School! She is beautiful. (Your fun is just beginning!)
Soooo.... your volunteering to take my Girls through their teenage years right? :)
Post a Comment