Saturday, August 9, 2008

So you've had a bad day!!!

Well . . . skip this post if you're not in the mood to hear whining and complaining! Here goes. I've been doing "Boot Camp" with Tyler and have been in pain for about 9 days straight. So last night was "measurement night." We had to do all of our measurements from head to toe and then do our body fat. I've been running five miles a day, five days a week for several years now, so one would think that my body fat wouldn't be all that high. Well, one would have thought WRONG!! The irritating part about all of it is this: Tyler has done absolutely nothing in the fitness part of his life and his body fat was 16 percent!! Mine??? Well, lets just say that it was NOT 16 percent. I've sort of griped about having to be a girl for quite some time now (I think about 34 years) and now it's just all the more irritating. Why is it that men can do NOTHING and still have 16% body fat and women can work for their entire lives and still have 4000% body fat. It really isn't fair. Plus . . . I hurt and I'm sure I'll weigh myself Monday and have gained weight! GRRR! So frustrating. THEN . . . I sit down to check blogs and I find that my brother and is wife with their daughter Olivia will not be coming home from NC . . . EVER. (Well, really two weeks, but it seems like NEVER)It's just been a very frustrating day . . . and I'm tired. But soon I will be on a boat in the middle of Deer Creek. Now the dilemma is this . . . swimming suit or stay fully covered as not to scar those around me???? It's a tough one.
Anyway . . . for those interested in tormenting themselves with us on this boot camp . . . join us every night at 5:30. it's only $150 dollars for six weeks and you get to work with Adam! I've sort of developed a hate/hate relationship with him because he seems to get great joy watching me suffer . . . but he is good at what he does . . . and I really do like him. But I'll never admit out loud. Anyway . . . check out his sight at www.reallifefitnessandhealth.com! Because . . . . "The more the merrier!" Or better than that . .. "Misery loves company!"

5 comments:

Heather!!! said...

Nicole you are so funny! I also agree boys don't have to do anything and girls work their bottoms off. Well I really wish our bottoms would come off with all of our work!!! :) Heather

Jessica and Colby said...

I agree that it is unfair in the weight loss department. Thing that I always do to make me feel better (and this horrible) is find the fattest women at the lake and then I feel better. Of course, I feel worse when I am the fattest one at the lake but that doesn't usually happen so I am usually safe to be judgmental towards someone else.

The Hatch's said...

Uh-oh Nicole. . .look what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh darn it, Tyler was actually able to leave a comment. Let's see, what kind of crude thing can I say that will make any visitors to your blog sick.

Linda said...

You go right ahead and whine and complain! I agree with everything you said! It really isn't fair!

Anonymous said...

Very funny Nicole. I enjoy reading your posts. Congrats on the great excersize program. I took up running over a year ago and ran a marathon in June. It was really great. As for the male body fat thing, apparenlty I missed out on the benefits of that. I highly doubt that I am anywhere near 16%.

Take Care.

Jared Le Fevre