

WE MADE IT!!!
The above are obviously pictures of this crazy adventure. Notice . . . no pictures of the swim. Let's just say . . . wet suits are not all that flattering. Notice the picture of our legs . . . if you were were wondering . . .the whitest ones are mine. :) Pre-race . . . they mark up your body so that they can see which even you are participating in, your age, and your number. I know . . . I look lovely . . . but try to look past that. :) (sarcasm, just in case you were wondering.)
I told Ty . . . the swim alone isn't bad. The bike alone is doable. The run alone is a piece of cake.
Swim + Bike + Run = TOUGH!!
Was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!
I highly recommend a triathlon to one and all. In fact . . . next year we should have a big old group down in St. George for this event. The scenery throughout the entire event is breathtaking. I've never seen a more beautiful view. Combined with the view and the adrenaline rush that you are experiencing, it's an amazing experience.
However . . . I could not have done this without the most amazing husband ever. He stood at the end (very sad that he couldn't participate) supporting the three of us, taking pictures, and cheering us on. He had just the right amount of worry but let me know that he loves me and supports me. (Giving me motivation to NOT drown!)
Mont and Bonnie made it possible for this be so much easier than it could have been. First . . . they were there! It makes it so much better when there are other people rooting for you. Second, they helped get me prepared. I would have never know what to do before, during and after to make the experience easier. And third . . . they talked me into this insanity! :) Thanks guys! We are so blessed to have you as friends.
My parents, my sister, and our neighbors made sure that our kids were well taken care of! We love you all and are so grateful to you for your love and support. (Even Dad, who offered me cash to drop out, and threatened to not only NOT cremate me should I die, but bury me with mice and spiders in a coffin.)
Chance and Stayce let me borrow their biking shorts and Ryan and Tani let me use their wet suit. Both saved me! Thanks guys!!
I'd also like to thank the academy . . . . J/K! But as I read the above . . .that's kinda what it sounded like. :)
Anyway . . . needless to say, one doesn't complete a triathlon without a lot of support from friends and family . . . and I just have to say . . . I'm so blessed to have the most amazing of both! Thanks, guys. I love you!!!
The above are obviously pictures of this crazy adventure. Notice . . . no pictures of the swim. Let's just say . . . wet suits are not all that flattering. Notice the picture of our legs . . . if you were were wondering . . .the whitest ones are mine. :) Pre-race . . . they mark up your body so that they can see which even you are participating in, your age, and your number. I know . . . I look lovely . . . but try to look past that. :) (sarcasm, just in case you were wondering.)
I told Ty . . . the swim alone isn't bad. The bike alone is doable. The run alone is a piece of cake.
Swim + Bike + Run = TOUGH!!
Was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!
I highly recommend a triathlon to one and all. In fact . . . next year we should have a big old group down in St. George for this event. The scenery throughout the entire event is breathtaking. I've never seen a more beautiful view. Combined with the view and the adrenaline rush that you are experiencing, it's an amazing experience.
However . . . I could not have done this without the most amazing husband ever. He stood at the end (very sad that he couldn't participate) supporting the three of us, taking pictures, and cheering us on. He had just the right amount of worry but let me know that he loves me and supports me. (Giving me motivation to NOT drown!)
Mont and Bonnie made it possible for this be so much easier than it could have been. First . . . they were there! It makes it so much better when there are other people rooting for you. Second, they helped get me prepared. I would have never know what to do before, during and after to make the experience easier. And third . . . they talked me into this insanity! :) Thanks guys! We are so blessed to have you as friends.
My parents, my sister, and our neighbors made sure that our kids were well taken care of! We love you all and are so grateful to you for your love and support. (Even Dad, who offered me cash to drop out, and threatened to not only NOT cremate me should I die, but bury me with mice and spiders in a coffin.)
Chance and Stayce let me borrow their biking shorts and Ryan and Tani let me use their wet suit. Both saved me! Thanks guys!!
I'd also like to thank the academy . . . . J/K! But as I read the above . . .that's kinda what it sounded like. :)
Anyway . . . needless to say, one doesn't complete a triathlon without a lot of support from friends and family . . . and I just have to say . . . I'm so blessed to have the most amazing of both! Thanks, guys. I love you!!!








8 comments:
I'm so proud of you Nicole!!! You rock!!
Lori
ps. I would have died trying.
Congrats! That's great! I knew you'd make it. I'm pretty sure I would have drown during the swim.
Maybe I'll attempt it one of these years.
By the way, thanks for stopping by. You'll need to plan another "work" trip when you can stay longer.
SO glad you didn't die! Congrats on finishing. What a great accomplishment. I'm sure your family is proud.
YAY!!!!! We ROCK!!!!! Send me a disc with the pics, I need to blog brag too :)
You are my hero!!!! Great Job!
Way to go Nicole! I'm so proud of you! You are awesome!
Fantastic job Nicole! We are so proud of you! That is awesome that you were able to compete with friends. I would love to one day be able to finish a triathalon but I fear I would kill over somewhere in middle of the swim. You are very inspiring though! Way to go!!
Hey Nicole!
It is so good to see how good you are doing! You say you will be down here next year in St. George! That would be awesome! What race are you going to be doing? I have lots of friends down here that do those kind of races. I would love to come and cheer you on! We will have to keep in touch! :) Heather :)
Post a Comment