Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I THINK I CAN??????

Many of you may be wondering . . . is she doing the triathlon? Well, the answer is "YES!" It is this Saturday. One may also ask, "Does she have any business doing a triathlon?" And that answer would be a big fat "NO!" But I payed my stupid $60, and I'm too cheap to back out even though I am far from ready. I've gone biking . . . a couple of times. I've gone swimming . . . ONCE! However, on the bright side . . . I've been extremely consistent with my running and feel completely comfortable going anywhere from 5-10 miles. So, we are hoping that the running thing will help with all of the other cardio. I have to say, though, that I did do a 1/2 mile swim and it really was quite enjoyable. Yes, it was in a pool and not in a lake . . . but my biggest fear was the swim because, well, let's just face it . . . if you stop swimming . . . you die. I'm not quite ready to meet my maker . . . so I was pleased with the results of the swim and I'm also very happy that the swim is first so that I won't be completely exhausted and just decide that death is easier than finishing. So, here's hoping that I finish! Wish me luck! I so desperately need it. :) Oh . . . and watch the obituaries on Monday . . . You just never know. (Dad . . . I'm joking . . .don't flip out!)

1 comment:

Jamie Lamb said...

Good for you! I wish you the best. I have faith you will do well. One day I want to be able to run like you do.