Today my cousin Danielle was in town from St. George. We decided to spend the day at Heritage Park and let the kids wade in the stream. They all seemed to have a great time. Of course, my kids were the ones that reached melt down point and we quickly rushed out of the park and headed home. However, in their defense, this was after 5 hours of play and no naps. My 2 youngest are used to 3 hour naps every day, as am I, so I can't say I blame for them for their melt downs. But, on that note . . . Today I was reading an article on "Michael?" Phelps, the Olympic swimmer, and he has been quoted saying that he takes a 3-4 hour nap a day. My friend, Stayce pointed out that he probably swims 10 miles a day, among other strenuous exercises, but I chase around 5 kids all day every day . . . so I'm going to count that as deserving a good nap each day, just like the Olympians. Hmmm . . . did that make sense . . . I just can't tell. I'm tired . . . and you all know what I mean if it doesn't.
Anyway . . . I had a wonderful time with my sister and cousin. I feel extremely grateful for the relationships that we have with our cousins and extended family. Somehow we have managed to stay close throughout the years and I consider this a great blessing. Visiting was great . . . my Wendy's baked potato was lovely . . . and it was just nice to sit, relax, and enjoy each others company. OH. . . and it doesn't hurt that all of our kids are easy on the eyes, OBVIOUSLY!!! They are so cute!
(Man, I know how to ramble on.)
Anyway . . . I had a wonderful time with my sister and cousin. I feel extremely grateful for the relationships that we have with our cousins and extended family. Somehow we have managed to stay close throughout the years and I consider this a great blessing. Visiting was great . . . my Wendy's baked potato was lovely . . . and it was just nice to sit, relax, and enjoy each others company. OH. . . and it doesn't hurt that all of our kids are easy on the eyes, OBVIOUSLY!!! They are so cute!
(Man, I know how to ramble on.)





6 comments:
What a fun time! And yes, your kids are all cute!
That was fun...and even sitting in the shade, I got sunburned :( We loved it, I think we'll go back :)
It sounds like you guys had a great time. I was sorry I couldn't make it...Oh wait...I wasn't invited...I see how it is, picking favorites with the cousins. It's because I'm going to beat you at the Biggest Loser contest isn't it?! Just Kidding. It looks like everyone had a good time and I definetly think you have earned a nap every day and I wish I could have one that often.
Yeah, like you need an excuse to nap for 3 hours a day!!!
Thanks again Nicole! We had a blast with you and the kids! I always have so much fun chatting and hanging out with you guys. We have such great times! Love ya!
hi nicole...
this is a cute blog. i cant get onto it on our computer, but i am at the pecks house so i just thought i'd say hi. i will try to figure out how i can comment at our house. you guys are so cute. we love you guys!
Love LEsa
Post a Comment