Monday, December 12, 2011

More Family Reunion (July)

Every year the family hikes to Ruth Lake. It's one of the most beautiful spots on the planet and we LOVE it. Our kids love to climb the rocks and jump off the edge. This year Madi (Jenny's BF and our adopted daughter) was the one brave soul willing to jump off. She ended jumping too close and cut her leg up. Poor kid . . . but she won the bravery medal so I imagine it was all worth it. You can see the snow in the picture so you know that it wasn't an easy jump. I love the look on her face! The little boys did get in the FREEZING cold water and it was extremely entertaining to listen to them egg each other on. This year, a big group of boys went rock climbing. Unfortunately, I didn't send a camera with them. :(


IRON CHEF: PEPPERS
One of the highlights of every year is the Iron Chef competition. This year, as always, was just amazing! EVERYONE participates . . . the young and the old! It's so much fun to hear of different recipes being tried throughout the year just to prepare for this main event! The youngest participant this year was Matt (11 years old). He found his own recipe, practiced making it at home, and then recruited his cousins to help make the final product. It was delicious! I love how everyone participates and makes it a big deal each year. Chris and Lesa were in charge of it this year and they did an amazing job. LOVE this tradition!!! :) The wives all get to be the judges and boy-oh-boy is it hard to decide! I don't remember who wins from year to year . . . but I do remember the delicious food. Let's hope that this is one tradition that never dies! :) (and in case you are wondering . . . next years ingredient . . . . HONEY!)



We also do log sawing contests. This year Wynn and Heather beat us all! (I'm pretty sure they beat us all every year.)

We also do the stick pull. This year I am posting the dads beating the sons because I don't think there are very many more years where this will happen. :) Grandma even participated this year! Lots of laughs during this time. I love it!


And the CHUG-A-LUG! Oh how funny! I loved this part . . . the watching part! HILARIOUS! :)

Everyone that wanted to was able to participate, but when it was all said and done . . .CHRIS was the champion! I'm not sure how he did it, but I think he chugged four?? Hats off to him.



No comments: