I have NEVER been a dog person. Frankly, they are smelly and annoying. But I DO adore my boy and because he is a dog person, I have tolerated having one. Monday night we watched "Marley and Me" as a family. I LOVE this show. It is so very sweet and it makes Max look like a really good dog.:) My sweet little Jared was laying on the floor using Max as his pillow. Max was sound asleep perfectly happy being used as a pillow, and they both looked so very cute. If you haven't seen the movie and plan on it, don't read on . . . because I'm about to give the ending away. So Marley gets old . . . as we all do . . . and it becomes very clear that his life is about to end. With about 15 minutes left in the movie, Jared stands up and says, "Well, I guess I'm going to bed." I asked him why and he responds with, "I don't want to see the dog die. Come on, Max. Let's go to bed." We all turned the movie off at this point and went to bed. So sweet! I went into their room a few minutes later and he and Max were cuddled up right next to each other. The boy loves his dog and I love it! :) So . . . just a very sweet moment at the Sperry house and one I felt like documenting.
If you are looking to buy a dog for your kids . . . I think a lab is the way to go. They are extremely loyal to their people, they think they are human (which can be a bit ridiculous at times), they are very protective of the ones they love, and they are just cute. I could also list about 3 million unattractive traits (like the gas that they get when they relax) but I won't. For today, I am so glad that we have Max.

No comments:
Post a Comment